Over the past years, creative shapes, a variety of bright colors, and excellent temperature resistance have made silicone products extremely popular in our daily life. In this post, let’s discuss how can we choose the right color for our silicone projects.
1. The importance of color in silicone products design
2. Meaning and symbolism of color
- Red is the color of energy, passion, action, ambition, and determination. It is also the color of anger and sexual passion. In China, red represents luck and prosperity.
- Orange is for creativity, youth, and enthusiasm. Orange is a very vibrant and energetic color. It’s a youthful color as well, bringing an element of vibrancy and fun.
- Yellow is for happiness, hope, and spontaneity. It is optimistic and cheerful. However, it can also suggest impatience, criticism, and cowardice.
- Green is the color of balance and growth. It is for nature, growth, and harmony—but also wealth and stability.
- Blue is for calm, trust, and intelligence. Blue is often associated with sadness in the English language.
- Purple is for luxury, mystery, and spirituality. It’s associated with creativity and imagination. In design, dark purples can give a sense of wealth and luxury. Light purples are softer and are associated with spring and romance.
- Pink is for femininity, playfulness, and romance. Pink can also be immature, silly, and girlish. Pink can be vibrant and energetic in other applications too.
- Brown is associated with reliability, healing, and strength. Brown is a natural color, associated with the earth and as a result, gives a sense of stability and support.
- Gray is for professionalism, formality, and conventionality. It is associated with cloudy days and the gray hair of old age, as a result, is not the cheeriest color.
- Black is the color of the hidden, the secretive, and the unknown, creating an air of mystery. It is also a symbol of elegance and simplicity.
- White is a symbol of goodness, spirituality, purity, godliness, and sacredness. It can be very simple, clean, and modern.
- Gold, silver, bronze, and other metallics are for wealth, prosperity, and success. Associated with abundance and prosperity, luxury and quality.
3. How to choose the right color for your custom-made silicone product?
4. 11 Color options for silicone products development
11 Color Options For Silicone Products
- Single solid color
Products with only one color, this is the most common way for silicone products.
2. High transparent
No color pigment is added at all, the raw silicone material is specially made and highly transparent with good tensile strength.
Application: medical tubing, silicone baby nipples, silicone remote controller cases/skins
With a certain portion of color pigment added, the silicone products can be colored but still be transparent.
4. Camouflage color
Products with two or more colors mixed together to form a camouflage color effect.
5. Striped color mix
Two colors intertwined together to form the stripe effect. Mainly applied for narrow tube-like silicone products
6. Glow in dark (original color )
With fluorescent powder added to silicone material, the silicone products can glow in the dark
with green, yellow, or blue color, depending on the color of the fluorescent powder color added.
The silicone products with no color pigment added will be slightly transparent in daylight, but shining with green, yellow, or blue color at night.
7. Glowindark (with color)
With a certain color pigment added, the silicone product will be like normal colored products in daylight but will glow in dark.
8. Sparkling Glitter
Sparkling glitter powder is used to is to enhance the visual effect of the product, so that the silicone product will be bling bling and spectacular
9. Gold/Silver/metallic color
With a certain portion of gold/ silver or metallic color pigment added, the silicone products will look like gold, silver, or with a metallic effect. Compared with normal color pigment, this color option is more complex and expensive.
10. Thermochromic color changing
With special thermochromic pigments added, the silicone product’s color will change depending on the temperature variation.
11. Dual-tone/two-tone colored
Unlike the above 10 colored silicone with extra powder added to form different colors, the two-tone silicone product is totally different way of production, the key lies in the molding production. Mold one part first, then mold the first part again with another color to get a new part, so we also call it overmolding. Two or more tool molds will be needed, so the tool cost will be higher than the normal mold.
5. How to select a color for my silicone parts?
You may have the question that, there are thousands of colors for choice, I have trouble choosing a color for my silicone project, how can I select a color for my silicone items? No worry about it.
About HB Silicone :
15 years of experience in CNC mold making and custom molded silicone products.
R&D Support (Custom products design, 3D files)
CNC tool mold design and process (Programming, mold making)
Silicone Molding Production (High Volume Production, Quality Control)
Customers who want to develop custom silicone products are welcome to contact us at :